Sunday, September 25, 2011

31 Day Challenge, Day 1! Sally Hansen 10 Day No Chip Polish in Resilient Red!

So. I've decided to try this 31 Day Nail Polish Challenge that so many people are doing right now.  With how often I've been updating, this challenge may seem silly.  BUT I'm going to do it my way and do the challenge regardless if I am able to update every day.  I'll finish it eventually :)

I'm also going to be switching some stuff around here soon...won't be huge I don't think, but I do want to get back into blogging and I'm trying to re-organize my life and priorities so we'll see what happens.

Here is the 31 day challenge list in case you haven't already seen it!



SO onto Day 1: Red!

I picked Sally Hansen 10 Day No Chip polish in Resilient Red!  I wanted an obviously red cream since my nails are so stubby.  Anything glittery I don't like on short nails, so here's what I ended up with...and I'll get back to you on how long this mani lasts without chipping ;)

P.S. I failed miserably with these pictures and I apologize.  This isn't how I wanted to return from another 2 week hiatus, haha.  It was pretty dark outside already and I didn't realize until I just now edited these pictures that the polish looks a little bumpy, but it's just water droplets from when I rinsed my hands! Ugh. Fail!




So this polish went on pretty smooth...I actually enjoyed it for a red.  I used three coats, but two would've been plenty as it was pretty opaque.  It was a bit hard cleaning up, but you'll have that with darker colors usually!

And thennnn I decided to stamp a little daisy with my new stamping plates that I (finally) got from Born Pretty!  And holy moly, I give you ladies who stamp a TON of credit because I just don't have the patience for it.  I probably tried to get it on the stamp like 5 times each hand and then I got it but it's obviously not centered and ugh.  Just a mess.  I've been trying for a few days, too, it just hasn't worked out too well, lol.  Any tips?  And any suggestions on good stamping polishes??!!

I tried to fill it in a bit...didn't work...and then I blurred the picture.  So much fail in this post.

Ohhhhhhhh well.  Day 1 down, 30 to go!  Any of you ladies trying this challenge??

<3 Whitney