Saturday, September 3, 2011

Happy Birthday too meeee! + Deborah Lippmann Across the Universe!

Hey! Today is my 24th birthday! Horrayyy!

It's actually not been that exciting, yet haha!  My sweet boyfriend gave me his presents yesterday, which I was super excited about.  He made me a couple personal gifts, which I loved, but he also got me a massage and these toxic waste glasses and chemistry cocktail set:

Hahaha I am a nerd
test tube shots, weee!

Hahahaha.  He knows my nerd taste so well, and I'm glad he supports it :) Love! 

My parents are coming down here to see my new place, so I'm pretty excited--they should be here soon!

I just wanted to share with you my birthday mani!  I recently shopped at Apothica and thought I'd finally try Deborah Lippmann polishes.  They're usually expensive, but I had a giftcard which is the perfect excuse to try expensive things.  Instead of going with their ever popular "Happy Birthday" polish, I thought I'd try Across The Universe.

Unfortunately I've broken many a nail recently, so I've got nubbins, but here are some pics anyway:






Ahhh sooo I liked the polish a lot, but I don't get the hype nor the price tag! 

It went on really great for a glitter--probably because it's in a jelly base!  I think I used about 3.5 coats.  I'm adding the 0.5 because I had some issues cleaning up and needed to touch up a bit.  It actually removed relatively easy when I was cleaning up, too!  Just a few times I removed a whole hex glitter by accident and had to fill the hole back in.  But I'm pretty confident that this won't be too bad of a polish to remove, nor will it stain too bad!

I did use the ORLY Ridge Filler as a base coat, which might've helped.  But overall, I love the mix of hex glitters and normal glitter in the jelly base.  Since it's not pure glitter, it's not such a bitch to handle!  Unfortunately I don't think my pictures do it justice--it just doesn't look as shiny in the pics as it does in person. 

Overall, I like it all right...the dark color makes my nubbins look a little better!  It doesn't match my Ohio State outfit today, but it's all good--it's my birthday and I'll wear what I want to!  Anywho--probably wouldn't spend the money on Deborah Lippmann again, though.  They'd have to impress me much more than this to get me to spend $18 on a polish!

Have a great weekend, guys! You know I am :)

<3 Whitney