Friday, September 30, 2011

31 Day Challenge, Day 3! CG Happy Go Lucky + Nail Art!

So Day 3 = yellows!  Horray!  However, since yellow is my favorite color, there wasn't a yellow in my collection that I hadn't used before, so I thought I'd have to spice it up a bit!

I've been wanting to do yellow and white polka dots for a while, so I figured this would be the perfect time for it.

I started off with three coats of China Glaze Happy Go Lucky and added some polka dots with one of my dotting tools in China Glaze White on White.  I didn't take too much time on the dots so they're not all perfectly the same size, but I don't care too much...surprisingly, actually, since most of the time I'm pretty anal about that kind of stuff.  But here it is:





I like this mani because it's so happy!  If it was a paler yellow it'd remind me of Easter eggs...

So what I've been doing for a while is using a normal top coat (such as OPI) along with these cuticle oil/drying drops from Beauty Secrets instead of a quick dry top coat such as Seche Vite:


They're normally great...they dry your mani quickly along with moisturizing your cuticles, but if you're trying to do nail art it's kind of a hassle because you have to rinse off the oil in between your coats if you want a top coat in between your base and your art. 

BUT I decided for this mani I was going to bust out my Seche Vite and give it another try.  I stopped using it because I was tired of the shrinkage and the crusties on the sides of my nail...I cleaned up again with acetone after applying the SV to stop the buildup but I still got a noticeable amount of shrinkage.  Does anyone know why this happens and how to stop it?  I think next time I'll try Posche again.

How are you guys doing with this challenge??  Whats your fav yellow??!

<3 Whitney