Friday, May 4, 2012

Featuring: Jessica Iridescent Eye + Glitter!

I know, I know.  I've been severely neglecting my blog.  I'm so very sorry!

I got caught up in filling Etsy orders and work has been insane.  BUT I'm back in full force now!

Today I'm going to be showing you all a Chanel Peridot dupe by Jessica called Iridescent Eye!

Jessica is a brand I hadn't heard of until recently and I was surprised to find is quite affordable.  You can pick up Iridescent Eye and many other Jessica polishes at Ninja Polish for $5.00 to $6.00!

Check her out:




As you can see, Iridescent Eye is a pretty green/gold/blue metallic-esque duochrome!  The formula on this polish was pretty descent, albeit just a tad bit streaky.  Streaky as in you can kind of see the brush-strokes, but this is typical of a chrome/metallic polish.  Two coats would be enough to make this polish opaque, but the pictures above show three!

Now I saw swatches of this and Peridot online a lot and I thought I loved it, but the green/gold just doesn't look awesome with my skin tone :-/  SO I decided to slap on some glitter over-top that I hadn't tried, but I didn't know what would go with a duochrome.  Well, why not add some 27 more colors to it? So I added OPI Rainbow Connection:




It's kind of all over the place, even with just one coat of RC, hah! But it grew on me after a while.  I decided I really like Rainbow Connection and am going to try and use it more!  However, I still am not totally in love with the look of Iridescent Eye on my skin tone, so keep a look-out for it on my blog sale page, which I hope to update this weekend.

Hope you all are well!

<3 Whitney