Saturday, February 4, 2012

Nail Fail: Needle Marble

How do you lovely ladies like the new look of my blog!?  The new logo was designed by the super talented Sarah from Chalkboard Nails! She's very sweet :)  The rest of the color change was my doing...I haven't decided if I'm going to keep it like that or hand it back over to Sarah to play with.  What do you guys think??

Anywho, onto the (fail) nails! After I saw Jackie from Adventures in Acetone put up this fabulous needle marbling mani for a Cult Nails contest, I instantly decided I wanted to try it.  Hers turned out SO beautiful I was like "psh I can do that."  Not.  Haha.

I used this tutorial from Liquid Jelly.

I decided to use a white base, China Glaze White on White and then marble ORLY Fowl Play.  I thought that the lovely flakes in Fowl Play would show up, but sadly they did not.





There's a few nails I DO like, but since they were so inconsistent and I really kind of hate the color combination (sadly since Fowl Play is one of my faves) I consider the whole mani a fail.  I think maybe if I would've used a black base....or Fowl Play as the base and maybe a silver on top, it would've been better.  Meh.  We'll see if I try this again, haha.

Have you guys tried needle marbling?  It's less effort than water marble, which is why it appealed to me :)

<3 Whitney

P.S. I'm going out of town for some training for work for a week tomorrow!  I'll have my laptop, so hopefully I can update, but I may not have much time.  We'll seee!