Saturday, May 14, 2011

China Glaze Senorita Bonita! + Some Holo Glitter!

Hey all! Glad Blogger is back up and working properly!  Hope things run a little bit more smooth around here now...

Annyyyway, this week I decided to try Senorita Bonita for the first time!  Right after I took off my ruffian I had it on there for a few days but didn't have time to blog about it.  I postponed it due to Pink Wednesday and now I feel I should update with it!

Senorita Bonita is such an "in your face" purple--my bf loved it, but he likes obnoxiously bright colors sometimes.  I thought my skin tone was a little bit pasty to work it properly, but I think when I'm tan for my best friends wedding next month, I'll bust it out again (their color is purple!).

I believe this is three coats, it went on pretty well!  These pictures are actually after 2 days of wear because there was no sun.  You can tell it's been worn, but the color is still pretty.


Woah tip wear, I should probably start wrapping my tips, whoops.

What do you guys think?  I wanted to try it with the ruffian, too, haha.  I'm addicted now.  I DO like it.  Purple just doesn't look good with my skin sometimes!

Anyway, after a few days I got tired of it and added a glitter on top of it.  I went to Icing (aka Claire's) and bought these two polishes: an awesome silver holo glitter and one of their mood polishes:

Mood Swing Stormy/Serene and Glamorous!

I decided to try the glitter on top of the purple.  This is two coats.  I kind of hate it with the purple base, but it would probably look good on its on or on top of a lighter color:


blurred for holo effectiveness :)



Anyway I hope you all have a great weekend!  My AC broke in my apartment so it's been over 80 in there all week.  We've been having the roughest time getting it fixed, too.  I think we're going to have to deposit our rent with the municipal court, actually--so lame.  I'm really pissed about it.  It got up to 88 last night so I called emergency maintenance and they refused to forward the call and send someone out because it was "only 79 degrees" outside instead of the 80 degrees required for it to be an emergency.  What kind of BS is that?!

Okay.  Done venting!  I'm going to be super busy this week but I hope to get a few posts in!  School's almost over, just about 3 weeks left and I am home free!  And hopefully employed..

<3 Whit

P.S. updated the giveaways on my sidebar, there's some really great ones ending within a week, so be sure to check them out!  And check out other great giveaways here!