Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Pink Wednesday! My first Butter London!

Sooo it's Pink Wednesday again!  Horray!

I've been really busy and also kind of sick the past few days, which is why I've been MIA, but I'm back for pink!  It was sunny on Monday, so I took some outdoor pics of my ruffian (ORLY Shine + China Glaze 108 Degrees), this is 3 days of wear, but I think it still looks pretty good!!  After these pics is my Butter London review:





I was sad to take it off.  But that's okay! On to something new.

Today I decided to try the Butter London polish I bought the other day: Teddy Girl.  I did not like it.  The color is okay I suppose, since these pastels almost whites are in style right now (did you see the new Cosmo?  They have an article about it!), but the formula was pretty awful.  I'm glad I used a coupon and did not pay the full $15 for this polish. 

I don't know if it was just the color that made the formula so bad for me, or if all Butter London's are like that.  It was very watery and runny and I had a hard time covering the nail equally.  I basically had to slop it on and spend forever doing clean-up.  Not to mention I was super shaky today for some reason.  My right hand is hideously bad, the left I spent much more time on, so hopefully it looks okay enough for the blog.





I guess it doesn't look too terrible in pics, but I had the worst time with this color...it kept running into the sides of my nail and I couldn't get it out.  This is three coats.

I might put some glitter on top of it to spruce it up tomorrow.

How have you guys done with Butter London?  I was severely disappointed, I hope it works out better for you!!

<3 Whti