Monday, July 11, 2011

First attempt at a sponge mani!

Hey everyone! It's Monday and if you're a member of the Facebook group Polish-aholics Anonymous, you know that means it's time for a Nail Art Challenge!

This week's theme was sponge mani.  I attempted my first quite a few days ago and liked how it turned out.  Which is good because I was too busy to try another one!  Here is how it turned out:



I started off with a base coat of China Glaze Happy Go Lucky:

Old picture ;)

I cheated a little and used tape to make a diagonal line down the middle and painted Essie Watermelon near my cuticles and Essie Meet me at Sunset down to the edge of my nail.  When I removed the tape I think took a tiny sponge from an eyeshadow applicator and created the sponge look in between the two Essies!

Overall I really enjoyed how it turned out:





I got my inspiration from my glass nail file haha



Ta daaa!

And that's ALMOST all....until I added Funky Finger White Scales over top of it.  I can't believe how much I love this crackle.  And I really like the look of multi colors under the white crackle polishes!




Thin coat


Thicker coat of crackle




Well that's all folks!  Hope you enjoyed :)

<3 Whitney