But anyhow, I wanted a classy polish for this interview and even though it's a glittery scattered holo polish, it's kind of muted in color and not obviously sparkly indoors. Check it out:
|Outdoor, sun--you can see the sparklyness a little bit here.|
|These pictures are very similar...I have such a hard time picking between two that are so close, I just put all of them in haha|
|There we go...blurred slightly so you can see some of the scattered holo effect!|
|This is indoors, hotel bathroom lighting, decently accurate coloring here|
|This is probably the most accurate color-wise and you can see some of the scattered holo here||too|
So I really liked this polish although the holo-effect is minimal. It's a dusty mauve-pink that actually looks like a spin on the classic mauve polish. I like how indoors the sparkle isn't obvious, it just gives the color some depth, which is why I thought it was appropriate for an interview!
The pictures I showed are with three coats of OPI DS Opulence, but you definitely could've stuck with just two--I think I was just bored in my hotel room and added another coat! The sad thing was that even though I used a non-quick-drying top coat (which I like to use when I have time since SV and Posche sometimes peel off after a day or two in layers), it started chipping the next day--but luckily it started after my interview. I peeled it all off completely while on my flight home (bad habit!!). It probably would've lasted longer if I wrapped my tips with both the polish and the top coat, although it is quite common for the holographic polishes to chip right away, I think!
Besides all that, the formula was fantastic and dried decently quick on its own! I definitely recommend the OPI DS polishes; the formula and brushes are always fabulous but the price...not so much. I have a hard time shelling out $12 for a polish, but luckily I found these for much less at a supply store!
I know this isn't one of the most desired DS polishes, but I liked it--do any of you have it/like it/want it?!
All right, onto part 2! I received yet ANOTHER award, the Sunshine Award, from the fabulous Manicured Monkey! Girl, thank you so much--I don't know how I keep getting tagged for these things :) It makes me feel great!
1) Favourite color - Yellow
2) Favorite Animal - Monkey!
3) Favourite number -3
4) what perfume am I using right now - Still by Jennifer Lopez
5) Something you always wear with you and identifies you: Ohh I don't know...I don't wear the same thing everyday. I like to wear this diamond necklace that my mom gave me!
6) What's your passion? Science :)
7) Getting or giving presents? I really like buying presents for people--when I see something and think of a certain someone, I like to buy it for them. Unfortunately I don't always have money for that kind of thing!!
8) What was the last eyeshadow you used? - Wet n Wild Walking on Eggshells trio
9) Favourite day of the week - I like Sundays because it's the only day The Boyfriend doesn't work! But other than that, Saturdays!
10) Are your nails painted right now? Yes, I've still got on CG Rosita!
I award :
1. Jenn at Painted Pixies
2. Diana at Painted Lady Fingers
3. Nail Noir
6. Colette at My Simple Little Pleasures
7. Melli at Nail-Anon
8. Lisa at Never Ending Obsession
9. Kisten at Polish Pauper
10. Melissa at My Own Kind of Girly
Woo! Congrats ladies :)
Have a great day, y'all!
PS--Only a few more days to enter my giveaway! Don't forget, it's on the sidebar! :)