Saturday, April 2, 2011

And Now For Something Completely Different...

Okay, so, let's get something straight.  I wanted to make this blog mainly a product review site for beauty products and fashion type stuffs.  However, I've got a lot of passions, so I'm not opposed to throwing something different in here and there (especially when I get free products to try that are non beauty related).

Anywho...in regards to my passions, first and foremost I love science.  I could nerd out all day in front of the TV watching the Discovery or History channel.  Seriously my DVR is full of 'Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman', 'Into the Universe with Stephen Hawking', and Discover Channel specials (Even The Boyfriend rolls his eyes at this).  This is why I'm going into engineering.  Since I know not many people who will be reading this will share my passions for all things nerdy, I'll probably keep those types of postings few and far between. 

Anyway, like I was saying...passions.  Besides make-up and fashion and nail polish and all things girly, I also love crafting.  I probably have more than 50 DIY craft websites in my favorites list.  If I find something extraordinarily cool, I'll most likely share it with all of you.

In addition to all of these things I also really enjoy baking.  I love, love, love cupcakes.  Actually, I love cake in general.  Who doesn't?  Now, I didn't make a food blog for a reason...mainly because I'm way to busy to try new recipes once a week (or even once every few weeks), but I just HAD to share this with you.  If you're into chocolate and super fast recipes, you'll love this.

Nutella Mug Cake
This is taken from Angie McGowan off The Family Kitchen's website, as you can see from the link.

First of all for those of you who have made mug cake before, this is not your normal mug cake.  First of all it's a hundred times better than your normal mug cake and second of all it calls for a HUGE mug.  If you don't have one of those extra large coffee mugs, you can probably separate it into two normal sized mugs.

My giant monogrammed mug!
Ingredients
1 egg
3 TBS Nutella
3 TBS olive or vegetable oil (I used vegetable)
3 TBS milk
4 TBS self rising flour (you can make this yourself by adding 1.5 tsp baking powder and 0.5 tsp of salt to 1 c regular all purpose flour)
4 TBS granulated sugar
3 TBS cocoa powder

Ingredients!
Directions
1. Combine ingredients into said extra large coffee mug. (Not all ingredients are pictured being added)
Chocolate!
Nutella goodness!
2. Whisk with fork until smooth.
All mixed up!
3. Microwave on high for 1.5– 3 minutes. (Test it with a toothpick like a normal cake)
This said 1:30, but I probably did it closer to 2 mins
Yum!!
4. Top with whipped cream or ice cream.  This step is definitely needed because the cake is just too chocolately for normal consumption.  At least for me...if you're a total chocoholic, dig right in.
This is not all the cake, just the amount I decided to eat at the time ;)
Now, photographing food is not my specialty, so if you want to see a prettier picture, check out the link I posted above.  Anyway, it's unbelievably good.  I literally can't stress it enough.  And it only takes like 5 minutes!  I doubt it's healthy in any way, but you all should try it (probably immediately) and tell me what you think about it.

P.S. If you like my first few postings, please follow my blog by clicking the "Follow" button on the top right sidebar of this page --->

Despite her best begging efforts, Dora does not get any!
 <3 Whit